Become A Member
Updated May 7, 2019
The membership renewal process for 2019 is complete and our roster is full. Applications for 2020 memberships will begin on January 1, 2020. By rule, memberships are sold in one year increments only and all current members are required to submit a new signed application form and proof of NRA membership for the current year. The membership year runs from April 1 to March 31 of the following year. Renewal applications must be received by March 31. Any renewal applications received after March 31, 2020, regardless of the postmark date, will not be processed and the application will go to the end of the waiting list. If you are a current member and must apply early anticipating the renewal period, the application will be held until 1 January. Checks or money orders with these early applications will not be deposited until after January 1, 2020.
Our club’s membership is capped at 750. With family memberships, the actual number of members is more than the number of actual memberships. For the 2019 membership year we have 1250 members with access to the range. We offer membership to people on the waiting list on a first come, first served basis starting on April 1 until the cap is again reached. The waiting list offer process can continue through the full month of April.
*** Please note our membership application requires the Adobe PDF reader program to open, fill out, and save the application form. Download Adobe Reader for free HERE. The PDF viewers built-in to some browser programs (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox) will not satisfactorily print and do not allow the form to be filled in and saved. If you are having problems with the form in your browser, right click the link to download the file to your computer and use the Adobe reader program to open. ***
If you are not currently a member and want to be placed on the waiting list, please fill out the 2020 Membership Application and check the box near the bottom indicating your application is being submitted for the waiting list ONLY. Do not send any payment at this time, but proof of current NRA membership and signatures are required. The more complete your waiting list application, the fewer delays when your name works its way to the top of the waiting list. You will be contacted via e-mail when memberships are available.
Whether applying to renew your membership or applying to get on the waiting list, the following guidelines will speed your application process. If not followed, we must contact you and get these issues clarified or corrected before we can process your application.
- Use the current 2020 application form and note the P.O. Box for mailing in the form.
- Read and fill out your application legibly and completely,
- Be sure to enclose a photo copy of your NRA card, or a print out from your NRA Online Member Services page, or a photo copy of the label off your magazine that shows your NRA membership number and expiration date. Filling in numbers and a date on the form does not prove you are a member of the NRA. We are a 100% NRA club; membership in the NRA is a requirement for PSC membership or for being placed on our membership waiting list. If you are renewing your National Rifle Association membership or initially joining the NRA, the Poulsbo Sportsman Club is a recruiter for the NRA.
- We encourage you to become a full member of the NRA and can offer you reduced rates for a one-year, three-year, five-year, or regular life NRA membership. Please click HERE to learn more.
- If you have a family membership, only one member of the family is required to be a member of the NRA.
- If you have a family membership, your spouse or companion must sign the form as well as any children living at home or in school who are over 18 years of age. Family memberships only include children less than 21 years of age.
- Please include your home phone number, a cell phone number if you have one, and a valid working e-mail address you check on a regular basis. If we need to ask you a question about your membership it is much easier to send an e-mail or call you. We do not sell or share our membership or e-mail lists.
Mistakes/omissions happen on a routine basis and can significantly delay the processing of your membership or renewal application. The two most common errors were:
- Failure to enclose proof of current NRA membership
- Failure to provide the appropriate signatures on a family membership application
Please ensure your membership application is complete, accurate, and legible.
Click HERE for the fill-able PDF form. You can type and print the form or simply print and fill it in by hand. I expect a limited number of memberships for 2020 to become available after April 1, 2020. These will be offered sequentially to those on the waiting list until our membership cap is reached.
We are open to the public and you do not have to be a club member to shoot at the range during normal operating hours; however, a range fee of $15 is required for non-members.
If you have any questions, please contact me.
Tim Eaves, PSC Membership